One of the features that Amazon Echo Show offers is access to your photos and videos from your iPhone. You can easily view these on-screen, or you can watch them in a movie theater-like setting with sound effects and music.
The process for getting the content onto your device varies depending on if it’s a video or photo.
How do I get videos I took with my iPhone onto my Echo Show?
Connect your iPhone to the Echo Show
1. Open the Alexa app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the hamburger icon in the top-left corner of the screen to open the menu.
3. Scroll down and tap Settings.
4. Scroll down and tap TV & Video under Device Settings.
5. Tap Fire TV Devices or Other Devices, depending on which type of device you’re using.
6. Tap your Echo Show device name under My Devices (if you have multiple Echo Shows, make sure to select the one you want to use).
7. Tap Photos, then select an album or photo stream from the list that appears (you can also choose All Photos).
What you need:
-An Amazon account
-An iPhone running iOS 11 or later
-The latest version of the Alexa app installed on your iPhone
-Your Echo Show and iPhone connected to the same Wi-Fi network
To connect your iPhone to the Echo Show, you’ll need to have a compatible Apple Lightning cable. Once you have that, simply plug one end of the cable into your iPhone and the other end into the Echo Show.
What type of files can be transferred:
Once your iPhone is connected to the Echo Show, you’ll be able to transfer photos and videos from your device to the show. Currently, only .mp4 video files are supported by the Echo Show.
How to transfer files:
To transfer files from your iPhone to the Echo Show, simply open up the Photos app on your device and select the video or photo that you want to share. Then, tap on the Share button and select “Echo Show” as your sharing destination. The file will then be transferred over and will appear on-screen for all to see!
1. Open the Alexa app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen (three horizontal lines).
3. Select “Settings.”
4. Select “Device Settings.”
5. Select the Echo device you want to connect to your iPhone.
6. Scroll down and select “Bluetooth.”
7. Toggle “Bluetooth” to the ON position and wait for your Echo device to appear in the “Other Devices” section below.
8. Tap on your Echo device when it appears and wait for it to say “Connected.”
What you need:
-An iPhone that’s running iOS 11 or later
-The latest version of the Amazon Alexa app
1.Open the Photos app and go to the album or folder that contains the video or photo you want to share.
2.Tap Select, then tap the video or photo you want to share. You can also tap and hold a video or photo, then tap Share in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3.Tap Share . If you don’t see this option, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center, then tap AirDrop . Or if you’re using an iPhone 6s or later, 3D Touch an item in Photos, then tap Share .
4.Choose how you want to share your photos:
Tap Message to send as a text message with iMessage.*
Tap Mail to send as an email.*
Tap AirDrop** to share with someone nearby who has an Apple device that’s turned on AirDrop receiving mode.*
Select your Echo Show from the list of devices
Your Echo Show should appear in the list of devices. If it doesn’t, check that it’s turned on and connected to the internet.
How to select it:
Tap the device name to select it.
What are the steps to get videos from my iPhone onto my Echo Show?
Select ‘Photos & Camera’
This will open the app and allow you to select the video or photo you want to share.
Select the video or photo you want to share: Once you have found the video or photo, tap on it to select it.
Tap the Share button: This will open a menu of options for sharing.
Choose the Echo Show from the list of devices: Scroll through the list of devices until you find your Echo Show. Tap on it to select it as your sharing destination.
Select the ‘Videos’ option
To select the ‘Videos’ option, tap on the icon that looks like a video camera. This will take you to your iPhone’s video library.
What this option does:
The ‘Videos’ option allows you to view and share videos stored on your iPhone with your Echo Show. You can also watch videos from popular online services such as YouTube and Amazon Prime Video.
Tap ‘Share’ and then select ‘Echo Show’
1. Tap the Share button in the upper right corner of the Photos app.
2. Select the Echo Show from the share menu.
3. Enter a name for your video or photo album, and then tap Save.
How to select Echo Show:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap Albums at the bottom of the screen, and then select an album or video that you want to share with your Echo Show device..
Is there a way to get all my videos/photos from my iPhone onto my Echo Show?
How to get all your videos from your iPhone onto your Echo Show
Make sure that both your Echo Show and your iPhone are connected to Wi-Fi.
Make sure that you have an Amazon account, are signed into the Amazon Alexa app on your iPhone, and have video calling enabled on your Echo Show.
Tap on “Conversations” in the Alexa App
Tap the contact you’re calling. You can also say, “Alexa, call [person’s name].” Echo Show will then place the call and announce that you’re calling the person
Tap on the video call icon to start the call
Your Echo Show will ring, and the call will go through
The person you’re calling will see your video on their Echo Show, and they can choose to answer or decline the call
To end a conversation just say “Alexa, hang up.”
You can quickly video call Echo Show from your iPhone with a few taps.
You can also complete video calls through Zoom on your Echo Show.
How do I select which videos/photos from my iPhone to get onto my Echo Show?
Choose which photos or videos you want to transfer
To choose which photos or videos you want to transfer, open the Alexa app and follow the instructions above.
You will need to have the Alexa app downloaded on your phone or tablet in question.
To select which photos you want, tap on Manually select my photos .
You can choose 10 photos from your device’s camera roll to be displayed on Echo Show screen.
Select your desired photos by tapping on them
Can You Screen Mirror To Your Amazon Echo Show?
You can screen mirror to your Amazon Echo Show.
How to do it: You need an Amazon Fire TV Stick and the Screen Mirroring feature on your Echo Show.
What you need: A compatible device with the Screen Mirroring feature.